Smooth, chunky, salty, sweet. However you like your peanut butter there’s nothing more satisfying than making your own homemade peanut butter.
Roasting and pureeing raw peanuts allows you to control the amount of seasonings and consistent that you desire and it’s so much fresher than any store bought variety.
Homemade peanut butter is quick and easy and only requires a food processor or heavy duty blender along with some oil and seasonings stored in your pantry.
Buy raw blanched peanuts and roast them in your oven. Make sure to set a timer and keep an eye on the peanuts. Burnt peanuts don’t make tasty peanut butter. 🙂
I have a Vitamix and a food processor and for this task the food processor worked best. After you reach your desired consistency-I like mine crunchy-add salt and honey to taste.
This recipe for homemade peanut butter will keep in the fridge for 1-2 months-if it lasts that long!
- 2 pounds raw peanuts
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut or light olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºf
- Place raw peanuts on sheet tray and spread them out as much as possible
- Roast peanuts for 20 minutes or until a light-medium brown, rotating the sheet tray half way through
- Allow peanuts to cool enough to handle
- Transfer cooled peanuts to a food processor or heavy duty blender and add salt
- Blend peanuts while slowly adding oil a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Add honey and salt to taste and blend well.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month