Here’s another variation of a base cookie recipe I’ve been working on. Not as sweet as the Whole Wheat White Chocolate and Hazelnut cookies. I used Ghirardelli baking bars over chips on this recipe. The bars give a nice texture and look to the finished cookies and combined white and dark chocolate. Because two kinds of chocolate MUST be better than one right?
Tips to great chocolate cookies
- Allow the cookie dough to chill for 20 minutes in the fridge before cooking
- A higher ratio of brown sugar to white sugar gives a chewier cookie due to the molasses in the brown sugar.
- If you have a scale, weigh your flour instead of scooping it for more accurate measure.
- You can roll or drop your cookies onto the cookie tray. I prefer the rough look of dropped cookies. If you want your cookies to be perfectly shaped, roll each cookie dough in your hands into the shape of a ball and bake.
- Bake at a lower temperature. 340 degrees for 12 minutes worked bes tin my oven but some recipes call for as low as 325.
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen